|English - Wordnet 3.0|
1. the act of passing from one state or place to the next;
[syn: passage, transition]
2. an event that results in a transformation;
[syn: conversion, transition, changeover]
3. a change from one place or state or subject or stage to another;
4. a musical passage moving from one key to another;
[syn: transition, modulation]
5. a passage that connects a topic to one that follows;
1. cause to convert or undergo a transition;
- Example: "the company had to transition the old practices to modern technology"
2. make or undergo a transition (from one state or system to another);
- Example: "The airline transitioned to more fuel-efficient jets"
- Example: "The adagio transitioned into an allegro"