|English - Wordnet 3.0|
1. intentionally conceived;
- Example: "a conscious effort to speak more slowly"
- Example: "a conscious policy"
[syn: conscious, witting]
2. knowing and perceiving; having awareness of surroundings and sensations and thoughts;
- Example: "remained conscious during the operation"
- Example: "conscious of his faults"
- Example: "became conscious that he was being followed"
3. (followed by `of') showing realization or recognition of something;
- Example: "few voters seem conscious of the issue's importance"
- Example: "conscious of having succeeded"
- Example: "the careful tread of one conscious of his alcoholic load"- Thomas Hardy